Denture Care − Mission KS
Advice and tips for proper Denture Care to maximize effectiveness and longevity. Mission Office Phone Number 913-384-0044
How should I take care of my denture?
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.
See All Treatments and Procedures
More on Dentures
- Fixed Full Arch Bridges (All-On-4™)
- Implant Retained Dentures
- Partial Dentures
- Exams & Maintenance
- Denture Relines
- Immediate Dentures
- Dental Implants
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Fillings
- Teeth Whitening
- Laser Dentistry
- Dental Sealants
- Non-Surgical Root Canal
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Tooth Extractions
- Prophylaxis (Teeth Cleaning)